Monday, February 14, 2011

2/14/11

Before I get to be new to Nebraska, I get to be old to here. Before I get there, I have to leave here. And that's what I've been doing the past few days, and will for the next week.

My last day at Workplace Options was Thursday, 2/10/11. It was a valuable experience working there and I care for a bunch of people I worked with. Ann and I had a party on Saturday and lots of folks we know from our different local circles came. Like most people my age, I've left people and places before. One way of leave taking is to say goodbye and then do my best not to think of them or stay in touch. This goes along with not being willing to experience the pain of leaving. Another way is to feel bitter, sort of like "If you don't want me in your club, I don't want to be in your stinky old club anyway!". Not terribly mature, but still helpful in keeping some pain at a distance. Another way is to look someone in the eye and lettng them know you love them and will miss them and then you both can cry. I'm trying that out this time and it sucks at keeping the pain away. Good for appreciating who and what you are leaving, though.

So we are touching as much of here and all y'all as we can, filling our eyes and tasting and hearing as much as we can while getting the necessary done. I feel like a baloon expanding with love and anticipating letting all the air out when we land in Chadron. I'm just going to breathe in while here and hold my breath. I know I'll have to exhale at some point, but not just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment